Sunday, May 24, 2009

7 Hills Course

Mark and I tagged with a great rider, Trish, on Friday and did the 7 Hills Course. As I noted in my previous blog, this is a great, very hilly (think the name gives that away??) course that has been used for various races, etc. The weather was great without the huge winds we have been having. Glad I put on sunscreen!!

Ended at 51.4 miles total with average mph 15.4 - which was thrilling for me since I was really dragging me, myself and my bike up those hills. Thank goodness they do pay back with great downhills!! Highest speed was only 42.7, but that was the fastest for this season so far.

Then I attempted to map it correctly using "line drag" on Goggle Map so you could view the route. I also clicked on "mileage" which should correctly calculate the entire course. Wasn't that a challenge and would I rather pull my teeth out without anesthesia?!?!
I certainly am doing something wrong, as "dragging" the line down Ash, for instance, automatically also "lined" on the corresponding Maple Street. No, we didn't go down then back up that whole portion of the route. And I couldn't get "erase" to work. Gonna' have to invest some time in this tool. Hm.m...m....

So, great ride. No, it wasn't the 76+ whatever miles that Goggle map said it was.

If anyone reading this knows the correct tricks to successfully use the map drawing technique, let me know.

Tomorrow ... we'll ride out to Cheney and finish with the Troika course. I LOVE that course!! Really Really Really fast middle section (if the wind is kind). Lots of sunscreen to be used.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for DRAGGING me along for the ride...15.4 on a ride with hills like that has to be a record for me but it's good for me to suck air like that now and then. No idea how many calories burned, but I sure appreciated your holding up for me along the way. GREAT RIDE!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete